(613) 562-5800 x6866
isotopes - stable and radiogenic, trace elements, precious metals, mineral deposits, economic geology, exploration geochemistry
Dr. Hattori examines the transfer of chalcophile elements (copper-like elements) from slabs to arc magmas via mantle wedges and from arc magmas to mineral deposits. She also studies exploration geochemistry. Her recent work includes the dispersion of platinum and palladium in the surface media.
- Guillot, S. & Hattori, K.. Serpentinites. Elements vol. 9, no. 2 (2013), 2013
- Xie, Z., Hattori, K., Wang, J.. Origin of serpentinites in the Sulu ultra high-pressure belt, eastern China. Lithos. in press, 2013
- Sader, J.A., Hattori, K., Hamilton, S., Brauneder, K.. Metal binding to dissolved organic matter and adsorption to ferrihydrite in peat groundwaters: Application to diamond exploration in the James Bay Lowlands, Canada. Applied Geochemistry, 26: 1649-1664, 2011
- Hattori, K. Wallis, S., Enami, T., Mizukami, T.. Subduction of mantle wedge peridotites: Evidence from the Higashi-akaishi body in the Sanbagawa belt. Island Arc. 19: 192-207, 2010
- Hattori, K., Guillot, S., Saumur, BM, Tubrett, M.N., Vidal, O., Morfin, S.. Corundum-bearing garnet peridotites from northern Dominican Republic :a metamorphic product of an arc cumulate. Lithos. 114: 437-450, 2010